Emotional Therapies We use diet and nutritional supplementation to help the chemical aspects, exercise and hands-on therapies to help the structural aspects, and a technique called N.E.T. to help with the emotional aspects. This description however, is somewhat simplistic. As you have already discovered, it is nearly impossible to isolate one aspect of the body. In other words, when a doctor corrects a structural problem, he also changes a patient’s chemistry, which in turn, influences the patient’s emotional health. This is why it is possible to help emotional problems by treating the spine, muscles, or other reflex points on the body.
NEURO-EMOTIONAL THERAPY (N.E.T) It is human nature to have an emotional response to significant events in our lives and then return to our “normal” state of being after the body has properly processed the event. Sometimes however, because of some form of physiological deficit, the body is unable to fully process an emotional response, so it stores or “locks” it in our nervous system. Storing emotional responses is one way in which the body copes with extreme stress. This phenomenon is called a neuro-emotional complex (N.E.C.). Eventually, an N.E.C. may cause imbalances in structure or chemistry. This means that a patient may have pain, food intolerances, or any number of symptoms as a result of a previously stored emotional event.
Muscle testing, body reflex points, and semantic reactions (physiologic reactions to memories or words) are all used to help the patient recall any negative events that may be part of a neuro-emotional complex. Once found, certain details of the negative emotional event are assessed. For instance, if a patient experiences a great deal of fear, it is often helpful to pinpoint the origin of the fear. This is usually an event some time in their past. The original fearful event makes it difficult for later fearful events to be properly processed. Therefore, correcting the memory of the original event is not only helpful for that specific N.E.C. but also for other similar emotional events.
The N.E.T. Correction After the Neuro-Emotional Complex is found we are ready to begin treatment. While the patient maintains the thought of the emotional event, Dr. Monk treats whatever areas of the spine become misaligned, or subluxated (for more information about subluxations see the article on spinal adjustments). We may also treat acupressure points, reflex points or a host of other areas in order balance the body and remove the N.E.C.
What Else You Need To Know
• N.E.T is painless, non-invasive and very safe.
• N.E.T does not take the place of professional counseling but is instead a complementary part of any healthcare procedure focused on treating the entire person. Patients who show a need for psychotherapy are referred to a qualified professional.
• Although N.E.T. procedures are non-complex, their therapeutic effect is profound. Often patients will comment that they feel an immediate relief.
• N.E.T does not deal with the spiritual realm.
• N.E.T. does not make claims about the past. Some N.E.C.s may have actually happened in the past. Others may be associated with imagined emotional events, such as nightmares, or misperceptions. Recalled events are termed “emotional reality,” because they may or may not correspond with actual historical reality.
Emotional stresses are powerful. Fortunately, through the use of N.E.T we have an effective means of overcoming these obstacles to health.
Panorama Falls Building 9085 E Mineral Circle Ste 195 Centennial, CO 80112 303-790-4414 email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org